Sunday, April 24, 2011

End of April

End of April
End of April by danishmermaid featuring heart shaped jewelry



I'm cleaning off my 2007 Gateway to give to Zack, whose computer was involved in an unfortunate roof-leaking incident. I'm transferring the guts of my old computer to an external hard drive. Pictures from 2007: I'm so skinny, and so beautiful in those 2007 pictures. All I felt was pain. I couldn't sit still for a minute. I couldn't read. I couldn't eat. I ran 3-5 miles a day with no food. I thought I was ugly. Tonight I slowly transfer all the pictures onto the hard drive the size of an index card. Every memory, every pain, trapped inside a tiny box. There is more to life than pictures, but pictures remind me of stories long-forgotten. How I loved you. How my little baby grew taller than I and put his arms around me and smiled for the camera. How I gave up everything for one man. How the greatest wishes can come true, but only at the greatest cost.



I'm craving pink tonight while it hails outside. And bird-anythings. And the sugar of cake icing. The smell of powder. Babies who kick and smile at the sight of their mother. The storms of May.

No comments:

Post a Comment