Thursday, February 23, 2012

I think today is the first day I've been able to fathom the thought that I might make it through this semester. The "side job" of research assistant is taking up all my time. But I just turned in one of the last drafts yesterday so hopefully all that will be over soon. I had been working out really hard this semester and then suddenly, my knee started feeling weird. Last Wednesday in boot camp, we crawled across the floor and spun and raced and jumped---and that's when my knee started hurting. I ignored it. I worked out on Thursday and Friday, and then I ran all the way to the lake and back on Sunday. Then I started thinking the knee thing might not go away, and maybe I should not have run on it. Monday I did boot camp and walked a mile, Tuesday I did weight lifting class and a little cardio BUT ON ONE LEG ONLY...by that afternoon I was convinced I'd hurt myself (it takes me this long to think about things). So I began icing and heating the knee, I bought a complicated knee brace. I skipped boot camp yesterday, I'm skipping Zumba today (but I went to Tai Chi!) and I have a request in for an appointment with my doctor. My sister Erin has had knee trouble before and now I really, really sympathize with her. I can do just about anything with a hurt shoulder or back, but I can't even walk with this knee! I am bummed about gaining back the weight I've lost, and undoing all the fantastic endurance I'd built up. I'm scared, too. And frustrated. I'm in the best shape I've been in for years and now THIS.

No comments:

Post a Comment