Tuesday, May 31, 2011


I decided not to pay the OU gym summer fee since I'll only be here another month, so something had to be done with lunchtime, besides eating ho-hos in the student union. So I changed into shorts and a t-shirt in the bathroom here at the Grad College where I'm working (accidentally draped my jeans over the sink- I forgot the faucet comes on automatically...) and walked over to the Physical Sciences building. Around here, it's called "The Blender," an eleven stories-tall hideous concoction of slab cement and echoing stairwells, birthed into existence by some form of brutalist architecture. It's an excellent building to ride out a tornado, by the way. I walked 11 stories 3 times, up and down, while I listened to my "workout mix," which by now is driving me crazy. I think I'll put Spanish lessons on my iPod for next time.



After, I wandered around the rose garden outside, stopping to sniff each variety. Then I picked one.

If you look for truth outside yourself, it gets farther and farther away. Today, walking alone, I meet it everywhere I step.(tung-shan)

No comments:

Post a Comment